The Lutheran Church subscribes unconditionally to the 1580 Book of Concord as “a true and unadulterated statement and exposition of the Word of God.” The Book of Concord consists of ten documents.
1. The Apostles Creed (3rd Century)
2. The Nicene Creed (325 AD)
3. The Athanasian Creed
4. The Augsburg Confession (Philip Melanchthon, 1530)
5. The Apology (Defense) of the Augsburg Confession (Philip Melanchthon, 1531)
6. The Small Catechism (Martin Luther, 1529)
7. The Large Catechism (Martin Luther, 1529)
8. The Smalcald Articles (Martin Luther, 1537)
9. The Treatise on the Power and the Primacy of the Pope (Philip Melanchthon, 1537)
10. The Formula of Concord (1577)
The entire Book of Concord can be viewed online here.